2013 Winter Season Starting: January 25
Age Requirement: 19 yrs and over
SOCIAL: Teams/individuals that have basic to intermediate athletic skills and love to socialize.
START TIMES: 6:30-10:00 PM
LOCATION: Talley Middle School
- The base league fee is $48 for each individual.
- Each team will be required to pay each ref. ($10)-(2 Refs)
- Each team is required to list at minimum a 12 person roster
- League fees include: Court rental, Equipment, FSSC T-shirt for each participant, Weekly standings, social events at our official sponsored restaurants.
- Individuals may use the following payment methods: CHECK (Made out to 1st State Sports Club) and/or CASH.
- Captains are recommended to submit payment for the entire team.
FSSC Indoor Mens Basketball Rules
The goal of 1st State Sports Club (FSSC) is to provide a social sporting outlet for the working professional that wants to compete and have fun all at the same time. It’s great that everyone wants to win, but most importantly, everyone should be out to have a good time whether they win or lose.
Please keep this in mind when you represent yourself and your team out on the court.
1. Please respect the call being made by the official. Each player will receive up to five fouls per game, once a player has been charged with his/her 5th foul, they have now fouled out of the game.
2. There must be at least 1 female player on the court at all times.
3. One and One’s will be active the final 60 seconds of each half.
4. In the event there is a tie game at the end of regulation, teams will play 5 minute overtime.
5. Games must start on time. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of your game. If the game starts late, it will be necessary for the game to be shortened by the same amount of time that the game was delayed.
6. Substitutes – Non members cannot substitute for another person on the team. If they want to play, they’ll need to register to join the league prior to playing.
7. Breakaway and flagrant fouls: For safety reasons, any player who is fouled from behind while on their way to a lay up or who receives a hard flagrant foul against them will be an automatic 2 points and the ball back.
8. No women can be double teamed.
9. Men cannot leave their feet to block a womans shot. They may stand and block it, but cannot leave their feet. Violation of this will be basket interference and the basket will be awarded to the shooter.
10. A full game consists of two 20 minute halves, clock runs continuously and stoppage only occurs during the last 60 seconds of each half.
11. A player will receive 3 free throws in the event they are fouled while attempting a 3-pointer.
In order to promote a safe and sportsmanlike environment for its players, all coordinators and players must understand the expectations for playing in FSSC leagues. FSSC staff reserve the right to remove players from a facility or league if they are involved with any of the following acts towards FSSC staff, Coordinator, a player or a spectator:
• Pushing, shoving or making intentional or dangerous physical contact.
• Instigating an altercation.
• Displaying disrespectful or threatening behavior.
• Exhibiting an unsportsmanlike attitude.
If a player or a team displays any of the above behaviors, they will be ejected from the facility by FSSC staff. If a player is ejected from a game due to unsportsmanlike play, they must leave the court immediately.